Sunday, December 11, 2005

Swimming went well this week. I am swimming just over 1.5K now, and convinced Erin from my office to come. Now I can get a ride with her and come home with Ian. Friday afternoon was my Christmas party, which included boating over to Kaibo at Rum Point and hanging out in the restaurant for the afternoon. While the party was booked to go until 11, I took the first ferry back at 6...I learned my lesson last time!
Yesterday we woke up early to enjoy the sunrise and get a bike ride in before traffic started. On our ride Ian noticed the wind; we were off to Barkers so that Ian could go kiting. In exchange, I got Ian to go grocery shopping at Grand Harbour while I looked in the shops. We came home for a beer with our Namibian neighbours before heading to the beach for dinner at Calico Jacks...complete with some Christmas fireworks.
We each went to work this morning, but came home in time for lunch. It was then off to the beach to relax while Ian fixed one of his kites. We were going to snorkel, but the 'cold-front' brought waves to Seven Mile...so instead we met up with some of Ian's work friends at the northern end of the beach. Ian went for another bike ride tonight while I made Cayman beans and rice for dinner. Ian cleaned up (like usual) while I ironed, and now we are going to relax for a bit. We are really looking forward to Brett coming next Sunday.