Sunday, November 27, 2005

It has been two weeks since my last posting, but we are starting to get into a routine. We have been swimming on Mondays and Thursdays (I am up to 1.4K), and work quite a bit during the week. Last weekend was a write-off for me due to a wicked hangover that lasted both days. Last Friday I was invited to a sunset sail with one of our clients. The sail was really nice, unfortunately the drinks on the trip were incredibly strong! Ian spent the weekend working, nursing me back to health and finally puting our bikes together. This weekend we started out with a quiet Friday night, and did some jobs on Saturday (Ian bought his scuba equipment, and I purchased a new Vespa helmet that actually fits me). We then decided that we needed some good pictures for our blog; so we registered to do the Bank of Butterfield International Triathlon. Ian was so excited that we had registered that he had cranked the music in the car on the way to our snokelling spot...unfortunately we had chosen to snorkel at the cemetary site and we were a little embarassed to pull up to an on-going ceremony. As part of the triathlon we were treated to a pasta dinner at the Courtyard Marriott, and then went to bed early as we needed to wake up at 5am. We were able to walk to the event this morning (only 5 min) and set up our stuff around 6am. It was a 6:45am start for Ian who did the 750m ocean swim in only 13 minutes (he was a little distracted by the amazing sea life while he swam). He then tagged me and I hopped on my bike to complete the 20K ride into town in 39 minutes (I was excited so I started out fast...which killed me for the ride back!). After a little confusion, I got my bike back to the rack and tagged Ian to start his 5K run. He was back before I knew it, completing his run in only 21 minutes. We were really impressed with our time considering we haven't been training! We celebrated the end with a swim in the ocean, and walked back to our place to clean up before returning to the beach for breakfast. The event treated us to an amazing Sunday breakfast buffet right on the beach. Now I think I might take a little nap before going into work. Just think...it is November!