Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Thursday night we joined the masters swim at the 25 meter pool in South Sound. Ian did well, and I was pretty proud of myself for being able to swim for 49 minutes (my longest ever). We celebrated the workout with a trip to Al La Kabob, where we got the beef/lamb gyros and a Red Stripe to enjoy on the patio. On Saturday we did some errands in the morning, and I did some exploring in the shops while Ian did another site review for the Caribbean Club. I bought a mask and snorkel and we spent the afternoon exploring the water just a couple minutes walk from our place. That night I cooked up some king fish and curried potatoes. On Sunday Ian did some more work in the morning while I figured out how to use our washing machine and broom, and then we drove up to Barkers national park. Apparently Barkers is the place to kite on the island for the winter, and we ran into 4 other kiters. I enjoyed my book while Ian kited in the smooth, shallow water for a couple of hours. On Monday we snorkelled again (this time we saw a school of atleast 100 fish...pretty amazing!) and hung around the house before heading off for masters swimming again. This time I was able to swim the full time, and actually swam 1.2K! Not bad for a beginner!